A few days ago, I wrote a post about a world famous scam. In the meantime, the wonderful blogger who goes by the creative moniker Lazy Pineapple (“no fruit mostly humor…”) gave me a Beautiful Blogger Award. I figured she wasn’t talking about the way I look because she’s not a mean, cynical sort of creep like I am.
I mean it isn’t a real award like a gift-card from Amazon, but it is an honor that I accept with gratitude. Plus, it is better than the shirt I got recently which I’m using to clean up the kitchen. As part of the rules of the award, I am nominating a few other blogs for this award and mentioning seven things I find beautiful. There are so many amazing blogs out there and so many beautiful things that I could have a hard time trying to pick and choose, so I’ll go with the first seven I can think of. Detailed rules of the tag at the end of the post.
Seven things I find beautiful that come to my mind in random order:
1) India-Pakistan Quarterfinal match in Bangalore at the 1996 World Cup
2) Warm rain beating against my face like splinters as I accelerated on my bike in college
3) Picking up the first Tintin adventure I ever read in school – Tintin in Tibet.
4) First glimpse of Makapu’u Beach in Hawaii, 2009
5) Pindrop silence standing centimeters from death at Island in the Sky, 2009.
6) Knowing what love feels like for the first time and hanging on to it.
7) Sharing a bond with Life through biochemistry and evolution.
Rules of the tag:
1) Thank the person who gave you the award.
2) Paste the award on your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you for the award.
4) Share 7 things you find to be beautiful around you.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers or more
Update: Darsh has just awarded me a similar award. I’d like to thank her for reading and recognizing my blog too!